Thursday, July 1, 2010

How Dax got here...

Not that you might care... but for memory sake..

Wednesday, June 23rd - I had my typical appointment with my OB, who gave me the option of an induction, which I took! I was done being prego, and frankly became impatient to have Dax. So we were scheduled for an induction on Friday!

Friday, June 25th - Show up to the hospital at 6am for my induction. We get to the labor and delivery area, and are told that they are too full and we would have to wait.. We were a little annoyed.. especially since we could have been sleeping.. So we go wait for about an hour..

7:15 - Get called and put into our room..

9:00 - Finally get an IV, Gary left to go see Zoey at Grandma and Pops... Pitocin started 45 minutes later..

10-1 - Nothing exciting... still 3cm dilated, which is what I was when we got there... Gary returns.. let the boredom begin!

1:30 - Doctor comes in and breaks my water

2:00 - EPIDURAL - even though I wasn't feeling contractions.. had to stick me twice!

2-6 - Nothing exciting... now 3-4cm dilated... Gary goes and visits Zoey again.

6-7 - Epidural wears off on my left side.. holy pain! now 5-6 cm dilated! woohoo!

7-10 - Not feeling anything again.. thank GOD! contractions picking up.. They decide to cut my pitocin and position me sitting straight up...

10:30 - 11:30 - Epidural wearing off again! this time not only on my left but on my back. feeling pain! In serious pain.. They come give me more pain meds.. I've said it once and I will say it again.. why oh why would someone want to do this without pain meds...

11:30 - 7-8cm dilated! WOOHOO!!!

12:30 - Fully dilated... practice push.. nurse calls the doctor!

1:05 - Doctor gets there.. gets ready..

1:17 - two pushes later... Daxton is born..

We love having this little munchkin here.. he steals mommy's heart and makes a very proud daddy! All he wants to do is snuggle.. we are working on the sleep factor.. but that will come with time.. for now.. I am loving being a mommy of two!

1 comment:

{Katie} said...

Congratulations! He is adorable!