Monday, May 9, 2011

No Diaper Experiment Day One...

Last week Zoey asked to go pee-pee on the potty (angel's signing in the background) while she was at school. And she stayed dry the entire time at school.. So on Friday the teachers suggested that we go cold turkey on Monday... no diaper all day at school..

I agreed. Heck it wasn't my floor she was going to be ruining.. SO we pumped her up all morning.. Put "big girl panties" on her to go to school. Tried to go before school and nothing.. so I packed two extra outfits.. just in case..

I was a bit nervous picking her up... thinking about which outfit she would be in and how many outfits she had gone through. I specifically had not done her laundry today in anticpiation of this moment... I peeked into her classroom.. and low and behold she was in the SAME outfit! Her teacher mouthed, "She did great!" I silently jumped for joy in my head... So of course extreme celebrations! including hugs, high fives, and the promise of any car she wanted... just kidding.. but I was excited...

So we celebrated with gummies from Target, NEW big girl panties, and a cookie from Publix... I had some shopping to do so I completed that and got home about 2 hours after we left school. Put the groceries away.. and SCREAMS come from her room.. .she peed her pants.. arg!

So we changed... and I cleaned the floor, carpet I might add.. fast forward to me askin 80 times an hour if she needed to pee, because at this point there was no more wearing of diapers... not for the "big girl." She sat once or twice and nothing..

Haley and Holly came over they played.. they left and nothing.. I start making dinner, turn around.. and my girl is sitting on the potty, saying "i jsut have to go pee pee for a minute." and so she did! WOOHOOO! She not only went pee on the potty, but went, opened the door, climbed on her stool, pulled down her pants, and sat by herself on the potty...

This is one proud momma!

No comments: