Saturday, January 5, 2008

Tampa and back....

It's good to be home in Pensacola... this past week we spent time back in Tampa hangout with family friends and loved ones! We has a blast and could not have asked for more... thanks to all the family and friends who let gary and I crash at their house.... we drove into tampa on Sunday night and spent the night with my dad and stepmom and lil' bros.. its amazing how huge your lil' brothers can get... Then it was off to tampa to visit with Abuela and mom... i love how grandparents are crazy.. but not a bad crazy... good crazy.. We spent a quiet New Year's with Gordon and Paulette and became OBSESSED with WII... if you have not played I highly suggest it! Its awesome! I think the Mattes household will be acquiring one in the very near future... NOT TO MENTION THE AMAZING JEWS WHO FED ME THEIR NEW YEAR'S EVE TRADITIONAL FOOD OF LOBSTER AND FONDUE!! AND BECAME A BIT OBSESSED WITH THE SIMPSON'S PUZZLE!!! (added in caps for my jewish friend) Then it was off to Lakeland to see the Roses and eat AMAZING FOOD!! I was stuffed and it was wonderful to see everybody there... Back to Tampa we headed to my cousins to celebrate my cousin's 1st birthday! The next day Gary and I parted ways, he headed to Gainesville for his soccer tournament where his team finished 2-1, not bad considering we didn't think that was possible... and I stayed in Tampa and saw old friends from Leto and High School... and thanks to Jody our child will never need an article of clothing! HOLY COW... she gave us sooo much stuff...It was nice to see everyone.. and crazy to think that the next time we see everyone in Tampa we will have a daughter in tow.... So after one looong week of traveling like gypsies we are glad to be back in pensacola leading our slower paced life! We hope the holidays have been as wonderful for you as they have been for us... If we were to send a Christmas card out this would have been our photo... sorry maybe next year...

No comments: