Saturday, May 3, 2008

At Last....

3 days late and 21 hours of labor... Zoey Elizabeth Mattes decided to make her appearance on April 29th! Here is the basic run down of events....

Monday- April 28th
9:30 pm - Gary and I was watching television eagerly awaiting midnight so that we can head to the hospitalto start my induction... when whoosh.. my water breaks! I tell gary that he might want to shower now instead of later since my water just broke.. to which he responds "you're kidding right?!?!?"

10:15 pm - Gary and I are off to the hospital and of course hit EVERY red light and get behind the ONE guy who drive 10 MPH UNDER THE SPEED LIMIT! needless to say we arrived safely.. thank goodness it wasn't an emergency

11:00pm - Im getting settled into my room, IV's meds all that good stuff.. only problem is I wasn't feeling any contractions! still 1 centimeter dialted!

11:30pm - Our friends Jenn and Hayden come by to help pass the time with us!

1:00am - Walk #1 - around the hospital floor, around labor and delivery, the children's hospital... everywhere! Gary found the "game room" in the children's hospital and we "borrow" scrabble.. to pass some time!

3:00am - Walk #2 - same route as last time... however we return scrabble and "borrow" trivial pursuit...

5:00am - Pitocin has begun... still not feeling contractions.. still only 1 centimeter dialted Trivial pursuit is too hard and we are never going to win so we call it a night.

7:00 - 9:00am - THE WORST TWO HOURS OF MY LIFE!!! Full blown contrations! i don't think i spoke one word for the entire two hours except to ask my doctor for an epidural!!!! 3 centimeters dialted.... (only 3 after 12 hours! i was soooo pissed)Seriously how and why do people do this without drugs... are you sick?? who wants to be in that much pain!

9:30am - Drug doctor finally comes! I love this man.. the only problem now is I can't feel my legs.. hmmm

10:00am - 2:00pm - sleeping on-and-off...

3:00 - 5:00pm - No pain whatsoever! contractions are getting stronger.. or so they told me... 9-10 centimeters! I begin thinking how am i going to push if i can't feel anything..

5:30pm - Doctor shows up.. start pushing!!! Couldn't feel if i was actually pushing or not!

6:00pm - Im SOOOOOOOOOOOO tired! Doctor uses a vacuum...
.... two pushes and 13 mnutes later.....

ZOEY ELIZABETH MATTES IS BORN!!!! woohoo!

Thank you for all the love and phone calls! We really appreciate them! She is the best thing in the world! and can not imagine life without her!





4 comments:

Nelson Newz said...

CONGRATS! Bring her to Utah so that we can meet her!

{Katie} said...

Congratulations!! She's adorable!!

{Katie} said...

Congratulations!! She's adorable!

Jenny said...

First - congratulations! And second - you look so beautiful, Emily! I wish I looked that good after I gave birth. I'll have to see what I can do this next time around. Call me back when you have a free moment!! :)... as if those actually exist.