Thursday, March 20, 2008

35 weeks and the parenting experiment


(sorry about the attire... when i come home from school this is all my body can handle... fitting clothes are becoming a scarcity)

35 down 5 to go... part of me can't believe that time has gone by so fast and that in 5 weeks there will be a lil' zoey in our lives! then there is the other part of me that is thinking WHAT?!?!? i still have 5 weeks.. you have got to be kidding me!! how much bigger can a person get.. im not that big to begin with where is this child going to go?!?!?! so apparently bi-polarism is taking over my mind. but in reality i am really excited about the upcoming weeks and CAN NOT WAIT TO MEET MY DAUGHTER!!!

she is currently around 5.5 pounds and 20 inches long.. she moves CONSTANTLY with alien like movements.. its so crazy to sit and watch my belly move about in weirdly contorted ways.. the best is when gary notices and is a little bit freaked out... but then he put his hand on my belly and then she really goes nuts!

so this week we had a wonderful and insightful experience.. one of my friends at school needed someone to watch her beautiful 9 month old daughter, Autumn.. so i voluteered... thinking hey we need to get used to this due to upcoming events... so i brought her to the house and the dogs went crazy.... sniffing, licking, and generally courious about who this person was and why was she in their house.. they eventually calmed down and went on with their day of sleeping and playing... then Autumn decided she was not so happy anymore and basically went on crying for about an hour... of course my first thought was "what the heck am i thinking.. i am not ready for this..." i think gary had the same feelings when he said "im glad you volunteered to watch her" after a bottle, toys, bouncing, games, gary playing with her, and a walk in the stroller, i realized a bottle might not be enough for her and since i was unable to find her food i took out a piece of bread and fed it to her and thankfully that was the magic trick! Autumn then started to enjoy spending time with us.. and gary loved playing games with her toes and keeping her occupied with a soda bottle...Autumn was quiet and after a bottle was asleep.. WE SURVIVED!!! I did feel much bettter about my parenting skills considering the child was alive, she was fed, and we were alive as well.. i did reassure gary that it is easier when its your own child.... i don't know if that made him feel better or not, but he was amazing helping me get pacifers, cooking dinner, and entertaining autumn!... but i guess in 5 weeks we will have a crash course in parenting with no return or end... cause i guess we can't give her back... nor do i want to!!!

4 comments:

BusyMama said...

Your belly's huge!! But at least your butt doesn't look pregnant too. You look dang good.

Chris & Courtney said...

Congrats on surviving a night with a 9 month-old. I have the same feelings you do, in regards to becoming a parent, and I'm not even pregnant yet. I guess we can't know it all before we experience it ourselves.

Nelson Newz said...

dude. I love seeing you huge! it cracks me up. I only made it to 37 weeks, but there were two - imagine having more than one little one in there right now!

Anonymous said...

See here or here