Wednesday, March 26, 2008

One month.... (or less)

WOOHOO.. as of today i have less than a month(hopefully) before this lil' girl is born! Its crazy to think that in less than a month there will be a lil' baby girl in our house and that we are going to be parents! kinda scary.. but oh so exciting!!! part of me wishes she would come sooner than April 26th, but the other part just thinks that will screw up my sick/maternity leave for school, which means it that would mess up my paychecks... but i suppose its not up to me....

Zoey is about 6 pounds and somewhere around 20 inches long.. and the lil' rascal has stolen my belly button.. that is right i no longer have a belly button that goes in.. it is simply flat...its kind of crazy to look at.. it is also getting much more uncomfortable to sleep or move.. my memory is completely shot. and i find myself forgetting simple words that i have used a million times in life.. as well as how to spell most words.. my students find this to be hilarious.. but i think they are finally beginning to understand... my body temperature is raised constantly to the point that i am freezing my students with tundra like conditions.. contractions occur frequently throughout the week.. which only makes me excited until they stop... but overall i can't complain.. i love being pregnant, despite my gripes, especially when she moves all over my belly! One month to go.. pray and hope for sooner!

ps- sorry about the comment moderating.. i had a creepy one from someone i didn't know.. so it made me nervous...

2 comments:

Stacia said...

Em cat! You are so close!! Sleep and take as many naps as you can!! I can't believe its coming so soon!! Yay!!

Cherie said...

Emily I am so excited for you! The time will go by faster than you think. Oh, and the whole forgetting words, etc. thing doesn't go away for months! It's not the hormones after that, though, just serious lack of sleep :) I call it Mom-brain. Original, I know, but it's just the truth! Good luck with everything! :)